Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Turkey Day
It was a great thanksgiving and I give thanks for my family, wonderful friends (Dee, L & Yoyo), my health and my suck a@# job (it the bills paid for now)

        On that note I have a question for the blogosphere. Just because a person isn’t a people person why do you assume they must be miserable?

I get that reaction at work a lot. Unfortunately for me I work at a convenience store and unfortunately for some customers I’m not a people person. I smile say hi and give appropriate responses, but when a body starts with the small talk oh how long you worked here, man it’s hot out here. You get the blank stare.

        I think I either didn’t get the small talk gene or something went terribly wrong in the developmental stage. I mean it’s painful. The few times I’ve tried small talk I get a headache, burning in the back of my throat and it just comes out all choppy and awkward.

        People have gone as far as to ask me if I was having a bad day, if it was my second job. I mean seriously people pay for your groceries and move on. If you’re looking for a person to give you some attention get a girlfriend or hire one….. I mean just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment